Friday, September 4, 2009

Episode #12 -- Coming Home!

Just a short post from the Amsterdam airport... I'm on my way home!

I got a little bit of sleep from Dar es Salaam to Amsterdam. I couldn't tell you how much... and I know it was fitful, at best.

I'm now sitting here in Amsterdam, checking email and recognizing just how crazy next week will be... I've got to be in Indianapolis on Tuesday -- my first day back -- for a practical design/value engineering workshop on I-69 Sections 2 & 3... There have also been a number of requests for information from the team that will be working on these sections -- it's great to have a team in place that doesn't miss a beat when I'm gone! From what I can tell from emails, they handled things admirably!

My last day in Africa was just as amazing as all the rest of the trip! I spent the day in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with Margaret -- touring the area and seeing the sights... Even went to the Mwenge wood carvers market and picked up several souvenirs (I'll post pictures over the weekend). We ended the day at a restaurant on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean... I can now say I've seen the world's 3 largest oceans... Just amazing views!

As I get ready to board Leg #2 of the return trip, I thank God for my adventure to Africa! I've been stretched in my view of His world and its people... And, I look forward with keen anticipation of what He has in store in the days ahead! Praise the Lord, O my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment